#ubuntu-women-project Meeting, 11 Mar at 18:00 — 18:18 UTC
The discussion about "Blueprint updates" started at 18:02.
ACTION: pleia2 to find new driver for Career Days initiative
ACTION: pleia2 to reach out to folks with blueprint items to check on status
Status of the "Ubuntu Women Outreach Project"
The discussion about "Status of the "Ubuntu Women Outreach Project"" started at 18:06.
The discussion about "The LeadershipElectionProcess" started at 18:10.
Any other business
The discussion about "Any other business" started at 18:13.
Action items, by person
- pleia2 to find new driver for Career Days initiative
- pleia2 to reach out to folks with blueprint items to check on status
People present (lines said)
- pleia2 (46)
- meetingology (7)
- Cheri703 (7)
18:00 <pleia2> #startmeeting
18:00 <meetingology> Meeting started Tue Mar 11 18:00:48 2014 UTC. The chair is pleia2. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology.
18:00 <meetingology> Available commands: action commands idea info link nick
18:00 <pleia2> ok, who all is here for the meeting?
18:01 <Cheri703> o/
18:01 <pleia2> Agenda: http://wiki.ubuntu-women.org/Meetings/Agenda
18:01 <pleia2> woo, hi Cheri703!
18:02 <pleia2> #topic Blueprint updates
18:02 <pleia2> I emailed czajkowski about career days, but no reponse, I should follow up
18:03 <pleia2> Cheri703: are you still interested in working on this, or should we work to transition to someone else?
18:03 <Cheri703> Transitioning is probably best.
18:04 <pleia2> ok, didn't just want to steal it out from under you I'll poke around to see if anyone is interested in helping out
18:04 <Cheri703> I'm interested, I just haven't been great at follow-up lately >_< I'm happy to help, but having someone else be the driving force behind it is probably best.
18:04 <pleia2> #action find new driver for Career Days initiative 18:04 * meetingology find new driver for Career Days initiative
18:04 <pleia2> #undo
18:04 <meetingology> Removing item from minutes: ACTION
18:05 <pleia2> #action pleia2 to find new driver for Career Days initiative 18:05 * meetingology pleia2 to find new driver for Career Days initiative
18:05 <pleia2> ok, thanks Cheri703
18:05 <pleia2> I don't really have anything else on my items, I think it might be a good idea to contact folks who have outsanding items to see where they are with them as we only have a month before this cycle is over
18:05 <pleia2> I can take care of that
18:06 <pleia2> #action pleia2 to reach out to folks with blueprint items to check on status 18:06 * meetingology pleia2 to reach out to folks with blueprint items to check on status
18:06 <pleia2> #topic Status of the "Ubuntu Women Outreach Project"
18:06 <pleia2> This was the one proposed at: http://wiki.ubuntu-women.org/UWOP
18:06 <pleia2> belkinsa
18:07 <pleia2> belkinsa had some comments from earlier
18:07 <pleia2> 06:22:07 < belkinsa> pleia2, due to the Daylight Saving Time trap that I fell into, I will not be at the meeting day. Since I brought up an item in the agenda, I'm asking you to bring it up for and the status update of the fact that this project will be no longer worked due to the fact that none of the people that are a part of the project are willing to work on it. Also, a note from me (belkinsa) that I think I meant "outreach" in a differen
18:07 <pleia2> 06:22:07 < belkinsa> as in outreach for our team and project to get more members not so much as helping women to get jobs in the FOSS world. Thank you. Note: I'm doing this here because I want this to be logged for proof that I said this.
18:07 <pleia2> 06:23:04 < belkinsa> This is also to everyone else who will be a part of this meeting and my item is still okay to talk about in the meeting.
18:07 <pleia2> so we should mark this project as on hold (or cancelled) in the wiki
18:08 <pleia2> I think the thing we can learn most from this is like GNOME's OPW and GSoC, we really lack mentors to do this on even a small scale
18:09 <pleia2> all of us being volunteers certainly contributes to this, we're all busy people with jobs elsewere
18:09 <pleia2> elsewhere
18:10 <Cheri703> that makes sense
18:10 <pleia2> thanks to belkinsa for giving it a try though if we do find we have a stronger mentor community in the future this provides a nice framework to get things rolling
18:10 <pleia2> #topic The LeadershipElectionProcess
18:10 <pleia2> this is the last thing on the agenda, referring to trying to find someone to lead the election coming up this summer
18:10 <pleia2> http://wiki.ubuntu-women.org/LeadershipElectionProcess
18:11 <pleia2> so before May 30th, we'd like to have found someone who isn't running for election to run this
18:11 <pleia2> looks like we want 2 people
18:12 <pleia2> they'd send out announcements, set up poll, etc - not alone, we have instructions for everything, just need folks to hold the keys and keep things moving
18:12 <Cheri703> I can help with the election
18:12 <pleia2> yay!
18:13 <pleia2> ok, so we'll make sure we'll find a 2nd person by May 30th then
18:13 <pleia2> #topic Any other business
18:13 <pleia2> anything else?
18:14 <pleia2> I did want to mention that the mid-cycle virtual Ubuntu Developer Summit is happening this week: http://uds.ubuntu.com/
18:15 <pleia2> participation is via google hangouts, our team doesn't have a session because we plan for 6 months and are good at having meetings, so the mid cycle ones aren't so valuable to us
18:16 <pleia2> schedule is here: http://summit.ubuntu.com/uds-1403/
18:17 <Cheri703> I am so busy this week >_<
18:17 <pleia2> me too, I'm not able to participate either
18:17 <pleia2> I can take off the time from work every 6 months, but every 3 is too much
18:18 <pleia2> ok, I think that's it then
18:18 <pleia2> thanks for coming Cheri703
18:18 <Cheri703> sure!
18:18 <pleia2> #endmeeting
Generated by MeetBot 0.1.5 (http://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology)