#ubuntu-women-project Meeting, 12 Nov at 18:00 — 18:35 UTC
1305 Blueprint updates
The discussion about "1305 Blueprint updates" started at 18:01.
Continue Discussing survey results part 2
The discussion about "Continue Discussing survey results part 2" started at 18:03.
Virtual Ubuntu Developer Summit, November 19-21 preparations
The discussion about "Virtual Ubuntu Developer Summit, November 19-21 preparations" started at 18:09.
LINK: https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu-women.org/+spec/community-1311-ubuntu-women is our empty-ish blueprint
Any other business (AOB)
The discussion about "Any other business (AOB)" started at 18:18.
People present (lines said)
- pleia2 (60)
- Deindre (20)
- belkinsa (14)
- akk (5)
- meetingology (4)
18:00 <pleia2> #startmeeting
18:00 <meetingology> Available commands: #accept #accepted #action #agree #agreed #chair #commands #endmeeting #endvote #halp #help #idea #info #link #lurk #meetingname #meetingtopic #nick #progress #rejected #replay #restrictlogs #save #startmeeting #subtopic #topic #unchair #undo #unlurk #vote #voters #votesrequired
18:00 <pleia2> #chair Deindre
18:00 <meetingology> Current chairs: Deindre pleia2
18:00 <pleia2> who all is here for the meeting?
18:00 <pleia2> #link http://wiki.ubuntu-women.org/Meetings/Agenda 18:00 * belkinsa is here
18:00 * Deindre 18:01 * akk here
18:01 <pleia2> great, let's dive right in
18:01 <pleia2> #topic 1305 Blueprint updates
18:01 <pleia2> #link https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu-women.org/+spec/community-1305-ubuntu-women
18:01 <pleia2> so everything that wasn't done has now been set to POSTPONED since the release has happened
18:02 <pleia2> they were just career days things, which I've since added to our roadmap which I want to discuss later in the meeting
18:02 <pleia2> #link http://wiki.ubuntu-women.org/RoadMap-T
18:03 <pleia2> #topic Continue Discussing survey results part 2
18:03 <pleia2> #link http://blog.ubuntu-women.org/2013/10/ubuntu-women-survey-2013-results-part-2/
18:03 <pleia2> belkinsa: have comments here?
18:03 <belkinsa> pleia2 not at this time.
18:04 <pleia2> ok, anyone else?
18:04 <pleia2> we kicked off a review of harvest.ubuntu.com based on the feedback
18:04 <pleia2> #link http://blog.ubuntu-women.org/2013/11/evaluating-harvest/
18:04 <pleia2> could use some more folks looking at it
18:05 <belkinsa> Agreed, the only feedback is from me and another person.
18:05 <pleia2> belkinsa: oh, you might want to follow-up with your mailing list post by putting the text of the etherpad into the email, as they expire pretty quick
18:05 <pleia2> (can't remember if expiration is 7 or 30 days, but it has caused headaches on other lists)
18:06 <belkinsa> Thanks for letting me know
18:06 <belkinsa> And on it
18:06 <pleia2> \o/
18:07 <belkinsa> Mind if the content be publicly on the mailing list?
18:08 <pleia2> all the links are public, should be ok
18:09 <belkinsa> Okay, thanks.
18:09 <pleia2> guess we can move on from this topic then
18:09 <pleia2> #topic Virtual Ubuntu Developer Summit, November 19-21 preparations
18:10 <pleia2> so, we're in the community track
18:10 <pleia2> #link http://summit.ubuntu.com/uds-1311/track/community/
18:10 <pleia2> currently scheduled for a session on Wednesday at 15:05
18:10 <pleia2> (7:05 am for me, goodie
18:10 <Deindre> could we use vUDS to reach some team who wish to open their partecipation to new women?
18:11 <pleia2> Deindre: possibly, have any idea how?
18:11 <Deindre> I think a frequent request is to have some "practical" issue to work on.
18:12 <Deindre> I think this could be a great opportunity to meet mentors- to-come
18:12 <pleia2> currently all we have right now for teams is http://wiki.ubuntu-women.org/BestPractices
18:12 <pleia2> which is more focused on LoCos
18:13 <Deindre> yes, I mean something more focused on team AND people
18:13 <pleia2> ok, I'll add it to the roadmap wiki
18:14 <Deindre> thank you
18:16 <Deindre> pleia2: is our track tomorrow?
18:16 <pleia2> Deindre: no, vUDS is next week
18:17 <Deindre> ok
18:17 <pleia2> Wednesday the 20th
18:17 <Deindre> I'll write a remeinder on ML
18:17 <pleia2> great, thanks
18:18 <pleia2> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu-women.org/+spec/community-1311-ubuntu-women is our empty-ish blueprint
18:18 <pleia2> (which we'll populate at the session)
18:18 <pleia2> #topic Any other business (AOB)
18:18 <pleia2> any other topics folks want to talk about?
18:19 <Deindre> It seems to me nobody has applied to OPW
18:19 <Deindre> Do you know is anybody has?
18:20 <Deindre> IF anybody, sorry
18:21 <pleia2> I know there are lots of applicants this time around (the program is VERY popular) but Ubuntu so far still doesn't have mentors
18:22 <belkinsa> As a whole commiunty or just us, the women?
18:22 <Deindre> I think this is a missing opportunity, really. Maybe we could work on it in someways
18:22 <pleia2> I've reached out to several folks in the community and thus far no one has time to the run the program
18:22 <akk> OPW?
18:22 <pleia2> akk: gnome outreach program for women
18:23 <akk> ah, thanks, didn't know the TLA for it
18:23 <pleia2> #link http://gnome.org/opw/
18:23 <belkinsa> TLA?
18:23 <pleia2> we had the director of the gnome foundation join us a few months ago to talk about it
18:24 <pleia2> Deindre: if you can find someone to run it (or are able yourself) I'd encourage you to give it a shot
18:24 <akk> belkinsa: three letter acronym
18:24 <belkinsa> Thank you, akk.
18:24 <Deindre> I was wondering to candidate myself for a marketing mentoring
18:24 <pleia2> I can't myself, and haven't found people to help, only people who want to see it happen but can't help :]
18:24 <akk> belkinsa: If it's four letters it's an ETLA (extended TLA)
18:27 <Deindre> I think since Mark hass been really interested in supporting women outreaches, we should find a way to nourish this opportunity
18:27 <pleia2> canonical isn't interested in mentoring programs at all really
18:27 <pleia2> it's all been community-led to even apply for the google summer of code (which we didn't get accepted for this year)
18:29 <Deindre> mmm this is another reason to help women coming from Ubuntu to apply to OPW/GSoC
18:29 <Deindre> pleia2: do you agree?
18:29 <pleia2> Deindre: I certainly think the programs are great
18:30 <pleia2> women participating with Ubuntu should certainly apply if they are in a position to do so, we just don't run one for Ubuntu right now
18:30 <pleia2> it would be *great* if we did, but I don't have time to lead it (I've also been asked to mentor for another open source project, I just don't have time)
18:30 <Deindre> let's begin helping in apply properly: since competition is very high, we could support
18:31 <pleia2> sounds good
18:31 <pleia2> the deadline for this OPW was yesterday, so we'll shoot for the next one
18:32 <belkinsa> And maybe have a plan to help women to apply?
18:32 <pleia2> belkinsa: I think that's what Deindre is suggesting
18:32 <belkinsa> I see.
18:32 <pleia2> it wouldn't be for Ubuntu, but in general
18:32 <pleia2> lots of great projects to choose from
18:33 <belkinsa> Doesn't matter, if it helps women in FOSS, it will do.
18:33 <pleia2> yep
18:34 <pleia2> ok, anything else before we wrap up?
18:34 <Deindre> I'm fine
18:35 <belkinsa> I'm fine
18:35 <pleia2> ok, thanks everyone
18:35 <pleia2> #endmeeting