Meeting opened by pleia2 at 20:00
<pleia2> [LINK] Agenda: http://wiki.ubuntu-women.org/Meetings/Agenda
<pleia2> ok, we're going to start out with some quick updates on our blueprints
<pleia2> [TOPIC] N Goals
<pleia2> AlanBell worked to get the demo wiki back up with the changes recommended by the accessibilty team
<hypatia> oh hi!
<hypatia> good timing
<pleia2> they are doing another review of the wiki now (in fact, we should have an update later today)
hypatia just tuned in
<AlanBell> pleia2: all done really, a general thumbs up
<pleia2> AlanBell: oh great!
<MichelleQ> yay! good job, AlanBell & Pen!
<AlanBell> not surprising as I already passed it by them first time round
<pleia2> AlanBell: can you nudge Pen to update the blueprint?
<pleia2> next will be: alanbell] work to get new wiki theme approved and into the wiki: TODO
<AlanBell> discussion earlier in -accessibility
<pleia2> part of this will require repointing the A record for ubuntu-women.org since we're moving everything to the wiki
<pleia2> but I think the first challenge is getting the canonical sysadmins to install the theme
http://libertus.co.uk:8080/ is the theme for those who have not yet seen it
<AlanBell> http://libertus.co.uk:8080/ is the theme for those who have not yet seen it
<AlanBell> it was designed by elky and I worked with her to make it a dynamic moin theme rather than static HTML
<MichelleQ> it looks fantastic
<pleia2> AlanBell: think we can start the conversation with canonical sysadmins this week about getting it installed?
<AlanBell> getting the sysadmins to install the theme will likely require an rt ticket
<AlanBell> and not sure it will work coming from me
<hypatia> theme is lovely, elky
<pleia2> AlanBell: ok, maybe you can email me details of everything that needs to be installed?
<pleia2> I can submit the ticket, I'll Cc you
<pleia2> I have shell access to the current wiki server too, so if you're curious as to the current layout or anything just say the word and I'll get you some details
<pleia2> the easier we make this on the sysadmins the more luck we'll have I think
<AlanBell> good point
<pleia2> "put this file in /srv/www/wiki...blah/
<MichelleQ> I'll bake cookies if necessary.
<AlanBell> I would also like to get another optional theme installed
jledbetter applies for a sysadmin job real quick
<pleia2> [ACTION] AlanBell to send pleia2 details about theme installation
AlanBell to send pleia2 details about theme installation
<pleia2> [ACTION] pleia2 to submit ticket to sysadmins w/ theme details
pleia2 to submit ticket to sysadmins w/ theme details
<AlanBell> one that users can choose in their preferences which is designed to be more accessible to screen readers
<pleia2> ok, unless we have anything else, we should move on to the next item
<AlanBell> if we can do a second ticket to get that one installed it would be a great help in moving towards that on the ubuntu wiki
<pleia2> [TOPIC] Mentoring blueprint
<pleia2> AlanBell: maybe I'll add a note at the bottom of the ticket I submit with a request?
<pleia2> hard to know whether a 2nd ticket will be more useful
<AlanBell> not sure, but I don't want the uw theme to block on the simplemente one
<pleia2> maybe I'll just say I'm creating another ticket since accessibility is very important to us
<AlanBell> we can reference the two and make it easy to do both at once
<pleia2> ok, sounds good, so when you send me details on the UW theme, send along whatever we need for SimpleMente too and I'll make that ticket as well
<AlanBell> will do, thanks
<pleia2> [ACTION] pleia2 to submit ticket to sysadmins for SimpleMente theme too
pleia2 to submit ticket to sysadmins for SimpleMente theme too
<pleia2> thanks AlanBell
<pleia2> ok, mentoring!
<pleia2> I spent a few hours on the first item here last month, but then the holidays and everything came along so reviewers czajkowski and MichelleQ got busy
<pleia2> I have drafts of replacements and notes regarding the documentation of our current mentoring infrastructure
<jledbetter> I can help review too if you need more.
<pleia2> is there anyone else who wishes to review these, before we bring them to a meeting for more eyes?
<pleia2> yay jledbetter!
<MichelleQ> jledbetter: awesome
<MichelleQ> another set of eyes would be terrific
<pleia2> [ACTION] jledbetter to help with mentoring draft review
jledbetter to help with mentoring draft review
<pleia2> I'll fwd you the notes in a moment
<pleia2> that's pretty much where we are with that
<MichelleQ> I actually was contacted with a request for a mentor from a new member not too terribly long ago.
<pleia2> if anyone else wants to have a look, just give me a nudge
<pleia2> MichelleQ: were you able to help them out?
<MichelleQ> I'm pretty ready to go, once we get the process finalized, and some mentors lined up
<pleia2> good, thanks!
<pleia2> alrighty, next agenda item
<pleia2> hajni: are you here?
<pleia2> [TOPIC] Ubuntu Women Hungary irc subchannel request (#ubuntu-women-hu)
Ubuntu Women Hungary irc subchannel request (#ubuntu-women-hu)
<hajni> yes, hi all
<pleia2> welcome hajni
<pleia2> I think in general we want to support these subchannels as long as the founder is a trusted member of the community
<pleia2> hajni's wiki page is here: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Hajni she does a lot of great work in Hungary I'd +1 her for the channel contact
<MichelleQ> I'm good with that
<hajni> we have just started our new website for ubuntu women in hungaray (women.ubuntu.hu) and we would like to start a irc channel, too
<pleia2> that's great
<pleia2> any objections?
<pleia2> [AGREED] #ubuntu-women-hu to be created for Ubuntu Women Hungary
#ubuntu-women-hu to be created for Ubuntu Women Hungary
<pleia2> hajni: feel free to create the channel let us know if you need any help with setting it up
<hajni> thank you
<pleia2> [ACTION] hajni to create #ubuntu-women-hu
hajni to create #ubuntu-women-hu
<pleia2> [TOPIC] Other announcements, news, etc
Other announcements, news, etc
<pleia2> anything else before we wrap things up?
<MichelleQ> jledbetter and I are beginning to get to work on organizing a blog-a-thon for Ada Lovelace day
<MichelleQ> would love to have as much participation in that as possible
<pleia2> oh good
<AlanBell> silbs was interested in that
<MichelleQ> will nudge
<AlanBell> and the lady from HR who was at UDS
<hypatia> do we want to do any kind of formal meetup at SCALE?
<hypatia> since a bunch of us will be there
<MichelleQ> I wish we could be there this year. Just... can't do it this year. :-/
<pleia2> hypatia: actually yeah, that'd be great
<pleia2> I sent a "who is going to scale" mail to the list last week, but it's been a bit quiet in spite of a bunch of us going
<pleia2> I think akk is speaking too, and akgraner will be there for work
<MichelleQ> boo, I'm sad we can't come. Was lovely to see akk and akgraner last year
<hypatia> how bout i pick a date/time for a meetup when the schedule's a bit more firmed up?
<pleia2> sounds good
<pleia2> [ACTION] hypatia to organize UW SCaLE meetup
hypatia to organize UW SCaLE meetup
<pleia2> FOSDEM is coming up too, but I don't think we have any of the FOSDEM people around at the moment
<hypatia> oh, is anyone going to be at shmoocon aside from maco and me, or is in the DC area otherwise?
<MichelleQ> hypatia: my fam is going to be in the dc area for about a week in March.
<hypatia> bummer, this is in 2 weeks
<hypatia> MichelleQ: we'll get to hang out someday!
<MichelleQ> one of these days!!
<pleia2> ok, looks like we can end now unless anyone else has anything
<MichelleQ> nothing else here.
<pleia2> thanks everyone!
Meeting closed at 20:28