Meeting opened by pleia2 at 22:00
<pleia2> hello, welcome to our meeting!
<pleia2> who all is here for this?
<czajkowski> \0/ Me I made it !
<pleia2> we've got an agenda over here:
<pleia2> [LINK] http://wiki.ubuntu-women.org/Meetings/July2010/Agenda2
daker is watching
<pleia2> so unless anyone else has something, I'm going to dive into blueprint updates
<czajkowski> sounds good
<pleia2> [TOPIC] Blueprint updates
<pleia2> so - logo got marked as DONE!
<pleia2> all the files are linked in this email https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-women/2010-July/002925.html
<pleia2> and on our wiki: http://wiki.ubuntu-women.org/Resources
<pleia2> I also updated our flier and sent a few hundred copies up with valorie to oscon this week
<pleia2> Mentoring: I spoke with Pendulum last week and since she's been quite busy we swapped roles, I'm now going to handle the rewrite and she'll be the primary reviewer before we toss it out for more review
<pleia2> so I need to do that
<pleia2> Website: elky you about?
<pleia2> I don't think we have any updates there
<pleia2> questions, comments?
<maco> is a theme sorted yet for the website?
hypatia checks in
hypatia was searching for parts
<pleia2> maco: no, we haven't started any of that
<pleia2> the idea is to just have a very basic page linking to all our resources
<pleia2> I mean, essentially that's what we have now, since i moved all but the front page the static content to the wiki
<pleia2> we just want something that looks nicer, maybe with pictures (we do have rights to our own pictures, and all those from the contest) and our new logo
<pleia2> jledbetter: I'm not sure if that's a wave or a raised hand, if it's the latter please feel free to jump in, no need to wait for turns
<jledbetter> pleia2, wave, sorry, was working and catching up
<AlanBell> I would suggest doing it all in the wiki
<pleia2> ok gotcha, just didn't want to miss anyone
<pleia2> AlanBell: getting rid of a website, redirecting ubuntu-women.org to wiki?
<pleia2> that's certainly a possibility, the only downside is the very limited control we have over wiki theming (right now: none)
<AlanBell> pages like this show the wiki can do pictures inline that look nice http://wiki.ubuntu-women.org/Resources
<pleia2> anyway, this is the project that elky is heading up so I don't want to get into it too much without her being here
<AlanBell> fair point
<pleia2> I also need to identify some pages that need to be rewritten, the front page certainly
<pleia2> I think that's pretty much it for the blueprint update
<pleia2> [TOPIC] Proposal to adjust meeting times based on new members - doodle poll?
Proposal to adjust meeting times based on new members - doodle poll?
<pleia2> hypatia: this one is yours
<czajkowski> ohh yes can we change this time
<czajkowski> as its really bad for most folks
<pleia2> I believe these times were selected by the last doodle poll, so presumably it averaged out as being the best for the majority
<pleia2> so the new members thing was brought up, maybe time to reanalyze
<AlanBell> it is quarter past midnight across most of europe
<pleia2> AlanBell: and it's 3PM during my work day for me
<jledbetter> But there are 2 meeting times already.
<pleia2> I kinda resign myself to the fact that it's going to be lousy for me due to my time zone though
<pleia2> anyway, time to do another doodle poll?
<czajkowski> well for over here it's either VERY early in the working morning for folks in EU or midnight
<czajkowski> so we kinda get fecked either way tbh
<czajkowski> but +1 doodle poll please
<pleia2> czajkowski: yes, and it's either the middle of the night for me, or during work
<pleia2> ah time zones
<czajkowski> pleia2: aye ther is no optium time I know
<pleia2> who wants to set up the doodle poll?
<Dolasilla> +1 for doodle poll
<czajkowski> but it'd be nice to get a post work time slot for both EU and USA to accomodate the majority of members
<pleia2> the early morning time was trying to cater to our asia-au folks
<pleia2> like one of our new leaders
<Pendulum> one thing is that the last doodle poll was done before everyone switched to DST
<Pendulum> which I think caused some of the problems
<jledbetter> Ah, didn't think of that. Wouldn't hurt to do another doodle poll so +1
<pleia2> can we get a volunteer to set it up?
pleia2 todo list already tooooooo long
<czajkowski> I can set it up
<pleia2> thanks czajkowski
<czajkowski> do we use 5 days or 7 just to let me know ?
<pleia2> [ACTION] czajkowski to set up doodle poll for team meetings
czajkowski to set up doodle poll for team meetings
<pleia2> czajkowski: I'd say 5
<czajkowski> grand job
<pleia2> I've never seen very much success with weekend meetings
<czajkowski> aye only ever seen the IRCC doing it
<pleia2> yeah, and I'm always outside playing during their meetings
<hypatia> thanks for taking that on, czajkowski
<czajkowski> not a bother I'll do one up and poke ye with it
czajkowski loves doodle
<pleia2> czajkowski: once we get the results we can talk about how we want to split it, maybe pick two most popular times that are hopefully not right next to each other or something
<pleia2> split it == assign meeting times for 2 meetings per month
<czajkowski> that's yer call I'll sort doodle out
<pleia2> ok... so
<pleia2> [TOPIC] Reminder to update ReportingPage for July
Reminder to update ReportingPage for July
<pleia2> If anyone wants to add to it, please do! http://wiki.ubuntu-women.org/ReportingPage
<pleia2> if you can't edit the page, say so and we'll add you to the EditorGroup on the wiki (I asked canonical to open it back up to all of LP, but still waiting on them)
<czajkowski> pleia2: daft question should I add my talking on Ubuntu women at leeds to the reports page
<pleia2> that's pretty much it agenda-wise, anyone have any announcements?
<pleia2> czajkowski: yes, that'd be great, with link to slides!
<Pendulum> pleia2: any problem with my mentioning the accessibility team survey?
<pleia2> Pendulum: no, please do
<Pendulum> The Accessibility Team is working on a survey of people with impairments/disabilities so that we can create some personas to give to designers and developers
<Pendulum> the survey and more information can be found at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Accessibility/Personas/Survey and http://access.libertus.co.uk/
<pleia2> thanks Pendulum
<pleia2> any others?
<pleia2> any other comments, bright ideas or anything else before we wrap up the meeting?
<czajkowski> is there a list of current mentees?
<czajkowski> is that a word even
<czajkowski> folks that are looking to be mentoring and are being mentored
<pleia2> no, we haven't really kept track of that
<pleia2> some folks don't want it publically know that they're being mentoried, so we've shyed away from a formal process for tracking it
<czajkowski> oh ok
<pleia2> it's certainly something we can discuss though, nothing is set in stone
<czajkowski> I was gonna say it'd be nice to see who we are helping and then others might be encouraged to help and ask for help
<pleia2> I agree
<czajkowski> I only ask as I'm helping someone
<pleia2> I'll take this into consideration when I start rewriting the docs, maybe it's something we can ask our mentees
<czajkowski> and it'd be nice to see others who are helping, like I asked yesterday a list of things to do
<pleia2> the beginners team has open mentoring, not sure how bugsquad and such do it
<pleia2> thanks for bringing this up, I'm also working with BT to collect a list of mentoring projects within ubuntu
<pleia2> thinking of putting together wiki.ubuntu.com/Mentoring or something that both UW and BT (and Youth? and others?) can use
<pleia2> beginners team
<pleia2> anything else?
<pleia2> ok, I think it's time to wrap things up then, thanks for coming everyone
Meeting closed at 22:39
- czajkowski to set up doodle poll for team meeting