Meeting opened by pleia2 at 22:00
<pleia2> hey everyone
<pleia2> The meeting agenda is here: http://wiki.ubuntu-women.org/Meetings/June2010/Agenda
<dinda> congrats to the newly elected pleia2 and elky!
<pleia2> [LINK] http://wiki.ubuntu-women.org/Meetings/June2010/Agenda
<pleia2> thanks as akgraner mentioned in her email a poll went out for the other two candidates
<pleia2> so if you didn't receive a link to th new poll, be sure to follow up with her
<akgraner> 30 people have voted so far in the new poll only 33 voted in the other original poll...
<dinda> akgraner: wow - those #s are lower than I would have thought
<akgraner> me too...:-/
<pleia2> [TOPIC] Blueprint Progress
<pleia2> akgraner: did you want to talk about this one?
<akgraner> sure -
<akgraner> So we still need work on the Mentoring program
<akgraner> not sure where we stand with making sure the description of the program stands
<akgraner> to make sure everything we have written about it correctly identifies what we are doing
<pleia2> I'm waiting on Pendulum to get some drafts to me so I can review
<pleia2> I'll touch base with her to find out where we are
<akgraner> The Marketing Plans across the board are almost complete and will be added to various wikis next week
<pleia2> [ACTION] pleia2 to follow up with Pendulum regarding Mentoring Docs draft
pleia2 to follow up with Pendulum regarding Mentoring Docs draft
<dinda> akgraner: can you give us a preview of what's in the marketing plan?
<akgraner> sure - basically... we need to makes sure we use all social media and what we don't have set up we need to set those up
<akgraner> we need to use the Community resources in place
<akgraner> such as mailing list, Forums, Fridge, UWN and blogs on the planet
<dinda> is there a tag like czajkowski # locoteams one?
<akgraner> we have #ubuntuwomen
<akgraner> and maco created an identia group for it
<maco> that was a loooong while ago
<pleia2> we already use all these resources pretty well, so mostly this is just documenting it and making sure it gets done every time?
<akgraner> I have created a check list - as well as a list of professional print and online resources as well
<akgraner> Also ways to backwards plan - as suggestions not as a set in stone howto
<dinda> sounds great
<akgraner> so all that will get added next week - pleia2 can you put me down for an action item on that
<pleia2> [ACTION] akgraner to complete draft of team Marketing Plans
akgraner to complete draft of team Marketing Plans
<akgraner> (I was horrible about emailing people reminders for action items - sorry y'all)
<akgraner> There is also - Ubuntu-Women.org - Work with the design team to define the design direction and Ubuntu-Women.org - Move static pages to the wiki
<akgraner> as well as Ubuntu-Women.org - Identify content to be re-developed
<pleia2> yeah, that's all ongoing, no real updates since the post to the list
<akgraner> pleia2, and elky can speak to those better than I
<pleia2> we're waiting on the logo to really do a design
<akgraner> yep - I will see where that sits and CC you all on the email
<pleia2> which is the last item in the blueprint, so sounds like we're chugging along through these things alright
<pleia2> any other comments on any of the blueprint things?
<akgraner> I don't have anything
<pleia2> [TOPIC] 100 New Ubuntu Users Project
100 New Ubuntu Users Project
<pleia2> dinda: you're up!
<dinda> this is an attempt to jump start some mentoring
<dinda> the UW group included
<pleia2> [LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/100UsersProject
<dinda> just trying to get support for others and make the project known
<dinda> akgraner: can you add to weekly newsletter?
<akgraner> yep - already there for this week
<dinda> didn't know if there was someone else in the group who wanted to help steer the UW side of the project
<dinda> I'm trying to focus on education and teachers personally but anyone or group is welcome to participate
<pleia2> I don't have time to help steer, but I'd be happy to tell more folks about it
<jledbetter_> So we just do it and update the table?
<dinda> that's it - just makes notes of when you introduce a new person to ubuntu
<dinda> it's a tangible way to show that we are reaching out to others
<dinda> no personal identifiers need to be posted, I just used initials
<dinda> but if folks also want to join Laucnhpad group that's great too
<dinda> I think it will be fun to see how quickly we can reach 100 new people
<pleia2> dinda: I don't remember, did you post about it to the loco-contacts list? since loco teams are pretty much in the business of spreading ubuntu I think if they can be convinced to participate they'd be really strong contributors
<dinda> then we can talk about ways to move to the next level with the mentoring project
<dinda> pleia2: I don't think I did, didn't want to spam so was trying to mail to each group as I remembered them
<dinda> and I'm once again attempting to add my blog to planet
<dinda> I keep getting stuck at the hackergotchi stage
<akgraner> dinda I think this project would also be a great way to test the marketing and creating buzz plan
<pleia2> dinda: I'd be happy to help out if you get stuck again, I've helped a few people through the process
<dinda> akgraner: yip, exactly
<akgraner> dinda, I found a great tutorial on youtube for creating those
<akgraner> I'll send you link
<dinda> nice, thanks
<dinda> pleia2: is this something I can maybe work with Pendulum on in the mentoring area?
<akgraner> but I don't think I created one this last time - I just made the pic the right sise
<pleia2> dinda: yeah, I think that'll fit in nicely
<dinda> great, let's start spreading the word and get to 100 x 100!
<dinda> thanks all
<pleia2> [ACTION] dinda to talk to Pendulum about Mentoring & 100 Users Project relationship
dinda to talk to Pendulum about Mentoring & 100 Users Project relationship
<pleia2> thanks dinda
<pleia2> [TOPIC] Announcements
<pleia2> Ubuntu User Days on July 10th is an IRC-based event in #ubuntu-classroom which has a bunch of classes geared toward regular users (instead of developers or contributors)
<pleia2> [LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UserDays
<pleia2> darn "s" in the url
<pleia2> the following week, starting July 12th, Developer Week will happen in #ubuntu-classroom: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuDeveloperWeek
<pleia2> any other announcements?
<akgraner> we are looking for session leaders for Developer Week
<pleia2> akgraner: how do you apply to lead a session?
<akgraner> go to the prep page (let me get the link)
<akgraner> and add the session you want to lead
<dinda> User Days is already full and confirmed - nice work
<akgraner> there are 7 slots still open for Developer Week
AlanBell notes a regexp in mootbot that needs fixing for https
<pleia2> thanks akgraner
<pleia2> I think the only other update I have is wiki stuff
<pleia2> we had it locked down for a couple weeks, but we're not actively working with the canonical sysadmins to set up an access control list that we'll have greater access to manipulating moving forward
<dinda> was this the same issue/group that caused the whole need for the invites room?
<pleia2> part of this includes having ssh access on the server where the wiki resides, which is going to help us do things like lock it down ourselves if the need arises again (no panicking to contact sysadmins)
<pleia2> dinda: yep
<pleia2> luckily it just means we now have better security, and hasn't been a huge hassle since wiki admins always had access and I was able to add more admins
<dinda> I never saw news about that whole incident - was there a conscious decision to just keep it out of sight and let it blow over?
<pleia2> we're still working out the kinks of the new wiki ACLs, but hopefully it'll be all sorted soon, if you need anything updated on the wiki just nudge elky, akgraner or myself and we can help with changes
<pleia2> dinda: yeah, it's pretty much the way you have to handle trolling, they want attention
<pleia2> so we just have to deal with it quietly and move on
<pleia2> anyway, the channel is open again and we have a procedure for handling this kind of thing
<pleia2> plus a lot of people were added to the invite list, so it shouldn't be so bad if it happens again
<pleia2> I'm inclined to wrap up this meeting unless anyone has anything else to add
<akgraner> +1 for wrapping up
<pleia2> great thanks for coming everyone!
<akgraner> Congrats to pleia2 and elky! and Thanks for a great 6 months everyone... Reminder new poll ends on Monday!
<pleia2> you did a great job akgraner, thanks again!
<jledbetter_> akgraner, Thank you
Meeting closed at 22:36
- pleia2 to follow up with Pendulum regarding Mentoring Docs draft
- akgraner to complete draft of team Marketing Plans
dinda to talk to Pendulum about Mentoring & 100 Users Project relationship