Meeting opened by akgraner at 22:00
<akgraner> who's here for today's meeting
<akgraner> hey rww and hypatia
<akgraner> I think maco will be along in a few
<akgraner> and pleia2 will be in and out
<akgraner> so it's a quick agenda this week
<akgraner> first up some open items
<akgraner> [TOPIC] - OPEN ITEMS - UDS action items/blueprint --
- OPEN ITEMS - UDS action items/blueprint --
<akgraner> * http://wiki.ubuntu-women.org/Roadmap-M
<czajkowski> here kinda - slow connection
<akgraner> [LINK] - http://wiki.ubuntu-women.org/Roadmap-M
<akgraner> the Blueprint and wiki roadmap has been updated for -M
<akgraner> the 1st 3 items we are going to tackle are : 1) mentoring 2) Website 3) Logo
maco is along
<akgraner> Hopefully everyone will have a chance to read over these in the next two weeks and help out where / when ever possible
<akgraner> Pendulum, has agreed to update the documentation for the mentoring program
<hypatia> awesome, thanks Pendulum !
<akgraner> pleia2, has agreed to review it
<akgraner> and I agreed to come up with a marketing plan to get the word out
<akgraner> so if you want to help with any of those areas please let us know
maco digs for link
<akgraner> I know I can always use the help - as I am sure pleia2 and Pendulum can too
<akgraner> pleia2, can you give us an update on the website
<akgraner> [TOPIC] - OPEN ITEMS - Quick Website update - pleia2
- OPEN ITEMS - Quick Website update - pleia2
<akgraner> I know she is busy during the meeting so she will pop in and out..
<pleia2> real quick, the new ubuntu.com has been released
<akgraner> woo hoo!
<pleia2> the community website team is coming up with themes: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Website
<maco> im remembering http://blog.spang.cc/posts/Quodlibet:_looking_for_mentee_comaintainer/ and http://blog.spang.cc/posts/Why_ask_for_an_unskilled__44___not-yet-involved_comaintainer__63__/ now. christine spang of debian's request for a mentee. unusual request, explicitly asking fo people who dont have lots of tech skills, might be worth havng a read for the people writing mentor docs
<akgraner> [LINK] - https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Website
<pleia2> so I'm inclined to let them come up with some themes
<pleia2> then work with some ideas on our site baed on those
<pleia2> they have groups working on wordpress, drupal and plain html/css for plain sites
<akgraner> during uds elky agreed to help pleia2 with the website stuff.. so I am inclined to let you all look through the community stuff then present what you all thing we should tweak for UW
<pleia2> yeah, we'll put our heads together and email the list when we have a more solid plan
<pleia2> and need volunteers
pleia2 back to rescuing a cluster
<akgraner> [action] - pleia2 and elky to review community themes and send plan to list on what and how to implement
- pleia2 and elky to review community themes and send plan to list on what and how to implement
<akgraner> any more comments about website
<akgraner> [TOPIC] - new logo
- new logo
<akgraner> vish agreed to work on this and contacted troy
<akgraner> troy sent me an email this week to let me know he is working on it and should have something in about 2 weeks or so.. iirc but vish may have more to add as well
<akgraner> vish, if you're around is there anything else to add to that?
<akgraner> any comments from anyone about the new logo before I move on?
<akgraner> [TOPIC] - OPEN ITEMS - Elections - --
- OPEN ITEMS - Elections - --
<akgraner> [LINK] - http://wiki.ubuntu-women.org/LeadershipElectionProcess
<akgraner> [LINK] http://wiki.ubuntu-women.org/UbuntuWomen/LeadershipNominations/June2010
<akgraner> Team Elections
<akgraner> I have included the link the process and a link to the nominations page
<akgraner> we are in the testimonial phase of the process now
<akgraner> hypatia, elky pleia2 and Pendulum are all seeking election
<akgraner> if you haven't done so please add your testimonials to their respective wiki pages
<maco> akgraner: wheres the new logo?
<maco> i dont think ive seen it
<akgraner> maco, he asked me not to show it yet
<akgraner> he is not finished
<maco> well how do we comment if we havent seen it?
<akgraner> I meant suggestions about it
<akgraner> not the one troy is making just in general
<akgraner> maco, can we circle back to that as this will now show up under the elections discussion on the logs
<maco> yeah sorry
<akgraner> I post the topic again if you want in just a few
<akgraner> June 8th the testimonial phase ends
<akgraner> so please add those testimonials before then
<akgraner> also I need one volunteer to help me with the Condorcet Poll
<akgraner> I can set it up but want to give someone else access as well - in case I get hit by that proverbial bus
<rww> akgraner: I can help out with that
<akgraner> [ACTION] rww to help akgraner with Condorcet Poll for elections
rww to help akgraner with Condorcet Poll for elections
<AlanBell> akgraner: I would be interested in that process too
<akgraner> cool - how about next week I will just show anyone who is interested
<AlanBell> that would be good
<akgraner> AlanBell, you and rww tell me a time that works for you all - I'm pretty flexible so you two talk and let me know
<akgraner> [ACTION] akgraner to give class on Condorcet during week of June 4th, 2010
akgraner to give class on Condorcet during week of June 4th, 2010
<akgraner> Reminder the voting Phase will be June 9th-June 21st with new leaders being announced on June 22nd
<akgraner> anyone have comments on the election?
<akgraner> before I move on to the next topic - World Play Day..
<akgraner> okie dokie - moving on
<akgraner> [TOPIC] - OPEN ITEMS - World Play Day announcement - Jono will announce the Community Winner, Jane's Pick, and the Random winner on May 28th, 2010 at 1100am Pacific/1800 UTC
- OPEN ITEMS - World Play Day announcement - Jono will announce the Community Winner, Jane's Pick, and the Random winner on May 28th, 2010 at 1100am Pacific/1800 UTC
<akgraner> so tomorrow Jono will announce the community winner, and Jane's pick as well as a random winner
<akgraner> so set your clocks and log into USTREAMTV
<akgraner> I'll get the link and send it to the list
<akgraner> [ACTION] akgraner to get link to jono's ustream cast and send to list
akgraner to get link to jono's ustream cast and send to list
<akgraner> we have had great participation
<akgraner> Thanks elky for all your hard work on this competition as well...
<akgraner> any comments on World Play Day
<maco> did they pick yet?
<maco> er jane i mean
<elky> Oh, meeting.
<maco> woo getting things ready in advance!
elky has had One Of Those Weeks, didn't even notice meeting time. Sorry all.
<akgraner> yep - I'll send jono the names he has to pick from tonight and let him get prepared
<akgraner> elky, no worries glad you are here now - we were just talking about World Play Day
<maco> elky: iirc, it wasnt in the /topic, so youre excused
<akgraner> so any other comments on world play day?
<akgraner> ok moving on to Announcements as there was no items added to "new items" for this meeting
<akgraner> [TOPIC] - Announcements - Ubuntu User Days -- Saturday, June 5th, 2010
- Announcements - Ubuntu User Days -- Saturday, June 5th, 2010
<akgraner> [LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UserDays
<elky> I'll close voting from work in a few hours and make the results page findable
<akgraner> elky, thank you!
<akgraner> In case you haven't heard of Ubuntu User Days here is the description...
<akgraner> User Days was created to be a set of courses offered during a one day period to teach the beginning or intermediate Ubuntu user the basics to get them started with Ubuntu. User Days is a series of online courses where you can:
<akgraner> learn how to install Ubuntu
<akgraner> find equivalent programs in Ubuntu
<akgraner> learn how to get help
<akgraner> learn the basics of how to use Ubuntu
<akgraner> learn how to get involved in the community
<akgraner> They are still looking for people to volunteer to teach a few sessions as well
<akgraner> so if you have an hour next Saturday please take a look at the Ubuntu User Days wiki
<akgraner> and see where you can help teach a session or just support them by participating
<maco> next saturday = 2 days or 9 days from now?
<akgraner> you can contact pleia2 Pendulum nhandler cjohnston if you want to give a session
<akgraner> sorry - June 5th
<akgraner> I already count the 29th as gone...
<akgraner> So Saturday June 5th, 2010 for ubuntu User Days
<akgraner> and more information can be found at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UserDays
<Deindre> hello! just back from work... sorry
<maco> Deindre: we're having a meetng
<akgraner> Deindre, no worries - I'll post logs shortly...
<Deindre> maco: I know! I'm here for this!
<akgraner> maco, do you want me to circle back to Logo
<maco> oh ok
<maco> akgraner: nah dont bother. i was just confused
<akgraner> no worries
<akgraner> so before I end the meeting with announcing the next meeting time - we've gone through the agenda already - is there anything new anyone would like to discuss or bring up?
<akgraner> [TOPIC] - Open Discussion
- Open Discussion
<elky> We're behind on reporting
<akgraner> elky, nods
<pleia2> yeah, I mentioned that earlier today
<pleia2> need to get that done before sunday
<akgraner> I was going to catch it up for the weekend of the 5th when it is due
<elky> so if people want to pool together and scour the lists
<pleia2> oh, next sunday?
<elky> pleia2, i mentioned it a few weeks ago, but it's not been a good few weeks for me
<akgraner> 1st Sunday of each month
<akgraner> is when nhandler pulls the reports for UWN
<elky> akgraner, i figure getting everyone to help out will make it easier
<akgraner> pleia2, does it still need to be put in the /TeamReports format or do you just make it happen
<akgraner> elky, nods
<akgraner> pleia2, is the magic behind the team reports
<pleia2> we don't use the same format as teams on w.u.c because we can't be automagically included anyawy
<pleia2> since we're on a different wiki
<akgraner> ahh ok - then nm me but nhandler still pulls them right?
<pleia2> no, I put them on the main team report
<akgraner> ahh ok
<pleia2> then he pulls them for UWN from there
<nhandler> And then my script parses the main team report page to put it in UWN format
<akgraner> gotcha see pleia2 magic
<akgraner> nhandler, thanks for that bte
<akgraner> pleia2, do you have the link handy for where people can add items too
<akgraner> I found it
<akgraner> [LINK] http://wiki.ubuntu-women.org/ReportingPage
<akgraner> so if the team or any UW members as done something that needs to go on the report please add it to the above wiki page
<akgraner> The instructions are on the page but if you have questions please let us know
<akgraner> [Action] Team members to look at http://wiki.ubuntu-women.org/ReportingPage and add stuff as necessary
Team members to look at http://wiki.ubuntu-women.org/ReportingPage and add stuff as necessary
<akgraner> anything else on Team Reporting?
<akgraner> anything else?
<akgraner> going once
<elky> We all need to hug amber
elky hugs amber
maco hugs akgraner
<akgraner> awww thank you elky!
hypatia sends akgraner cupcakes
<akgraner> hehe thanks y'all - so who wants to chair the next meeting
pleia2 hugs akgraner
<akgraner> June 10th, 2010 1200 UTC
<pleia2> next meeting is at pleia2-sleepy-o-clock, I might show up but won't be awake enough to chair
<elky> That's probably one I'd be chairing
<akgraner> I'll be neck deep in SELF so won't be able to do that meeting
<akgraner> [TOPIC] - Next Meeting Date - June 10th, 1200UTC elky to chair
- Next Meeting Date - June 10th, 1200UTC elky to chair
<maco> thats maco-on-a-bus-o-clock
<pleia2> I love how "probably" turns into an action item
<hypatia> i should be around for that meeting
<akgraner> [ACTION] elky to chair - Next Meeting Date - June 10th, 1200UTC
elky to chair - Next Meeting Date - June 10th, 1200UTC
<elky> It should be Elky-just-got-home-o-clock, but we'll see how we go
<akgraner> pleia2, it's that voluntelling I learned about from the debian people at UDS
<akgraner> elky, if you find you can't please let me know and we'll get someone else too
<elky> pleia2, heh, at least I was here, I at least know what i've been volunteered for
<akgraner> thank you all for a great meeting! and an awesome 6 months...
<akgraner> and if there is nothing else
Meeting closed at 22:54
- - pleia2 and elky to review community themes and send plan to list on what and how to implement
- rww to help akgraner with Condorcet Poll for elections
- akgraner to give class on Condorcet during week of June 4th, 2010
- akgraner to get link to jono's ustream cast and send to list
Team members to look at http://wiki.ubuntu-women.org/ReportingPage and add stuff as necessary
- elky to chair - Next Meeting Date - June 10th, 1200UTC
Agenda used for this meeting can be found [[http://wiki.ubuntu-women.org/Meetings/May2010/Agenda20100527 | here]