Attachment 'MeetingJun0409.txt'

Download

   1 19:03 < pleia2> alright, meeting time
   2 19:03 < pleia2> Agenda: http://wiki.ubuntu-women.org/Meetings/20090604
   3 19:03 < pleia2> pgraner: is amber around?
   4 19:03 < pleia2> :\
   5 19:05 < pleia2> well, I think we'll just have to start without her
   6 19:05 < pleia2> so, long ago emmajane wrote us a great RoadMap which we promptly ignored and forgot
   7 19:06 < czajkowski> oh she just twittere she;s runngin  m5mins behind schedule
   8 19:06 < JanC> pleia2: that's very common for roadmaps  ;)
   9 19:06 < pleia2> oh ok :)
  10 19:06 < pleia2> JanC: yeah :(
  11 19:07 < pleia2> but I think it's time to resurrect it, along with some awesome ideas she had at her oscon (and lugradio) talks last year
  12 19:07 < czajkowski> I did actually think about an idea, that all the ubuntu-women could do a post on themelves and what they do for ubuntu for all levels, from the person who might bake cookies to a developer. all on the same day at the same time
  13 19:08 < czajkowski> so they all get fed to the planet and show what we  do for our loco and for ubuntu.
  14 19:08 < czajkowski> as the common trend at UDS was folks not knowing they ddt have to be developers to come in here or what they could do to help
  15 19:08 < pleia2> czajkowski: hm, like a blog/community thing we can all post to?
  16 19:08 < JanC> that only works for people who have a blog
  17 19:09 < czajkowski> JanC: true, but a lot of folks do, or they could post to their loco page ?
  18 19:09 < czajkowski> as i said it was just an idea
  19 19:09 < czajkowski> I did a girlgeekday instead of a blog post for ada lovelace
  20 19:09 < czajkowski> something different
  21 19:09 < czajkowski> pleia2: still to the planet
  22 19:09 < pleia2> ah ok
  23 19:10 -!- akgraner [n=akgraner@m1a5e36d0.tmodns.net] has joined #ubuntu-women
  24 19:10 < pleia2> maybe we also need to push the planet a bit more :)
  25 19:10 < pleia2> I should nudge the list again
  26 19:10 < pleia2> welcome akgraner!
  27 19:10 < czajkowski> as in pick a date and we all publish one post titled the same thing on the sme day
  28 19:10 < pleia2> oh sure
  29 19:10 < czajkowski> women in your loco or something
  30 19:10 < pleia2> "and if you don't have a blog, post to our mailing list" :)
  31 19:10 < akgraner> Thanks.
  32 19:10 < czajkowski> pleia2: YES exactly
  33 19:10 < czajkowski> akgraner: aloha my dear
  34 19:11 < akk> Posts like that might look a little strange on the actual blogs where they appeared, though
  35 19:11 -!- jamfish [n=jamf1sh@24-148-91-198.c3-0.stk-ubr1.chi-stk.il.cable.rcn.com] has joined #ubuntu-women
  36 19:11 < akk> (at least, it would feel a little funny to be doing that for my blog, not a typical sort of post)
  37 19:11 < akgraner> had to log in using my phone. Sorry I'm late
  38 19:12 < pleia2> akk: are you familiar with the ada lovelace day thing?
  39 19:12 < pleia2> similar idea
  40 19:12 < maco> pleia2, or feed the posts to someone who is on planet
  41 19:12 < Susana_> akk: maybe just put a notice on top
  42 19:12 < czajkowski> akk: true, but for one day we'd encourage all of the women just to do this one post. doesnt have to be an indepth one
  43 19:12 < akk> pleia2: Yes, I did blog that -- but that was a profile of someone else, not a brag sheet of all the ways I'm supposedly useful to $project
  44 19:12 < dtchen> akk raises a good, if not indirect, point: why not interview someone else in -women and blog about her?
  45 19:13 < maco> what if it was done as a little zine-type Who's Who of Ubuntu Women? just a one-off thing?
  46 19:13 < czajkowski> akk it's not a brag sheet, it's more of I do useful stuff to and it may encourage other women who see these posts as useful too
  47 19:13 < akk> anyway, I can post to the list if that's an option, I was just pointing out that some people might feel funny about blogging something like that.
  48 19:13 < pleia2> akk: understandable
  49 19:13 < czajkowski> akk: fair point
  50 19:13 < czajkowski> akgraner: however if you wanted to get other locos who may have a small female presence involved the mailing list may not get viewed, pro's and cons for each
  51 19:14 < czajkowski> anyways just thougt about it, just an idea. what do folks think?
  52 19:14 < pleia2> I like the idea :)
  53 19:14 < pleia2> but we should discuss it later, we have limited time this evening and there are some things I'd like to cover
  54 19:14 -!- keetah [n=kita@Broadband-Dynamic-Central1859.connect.com.fj] has quit [Read error: 113 (No route to host)]
  55 19:14 < czajkowski> ndeed
  56 19:14 < maco> Possibly a directory of us (as a single page) on the wiki with a paragraph or two about each person, and then it could be editted as new people start contributing or as people change how they work onit
  57 19:14 -!- akgraner_ [n=akgraner@nc-65-40-95-196.sta.embarqhsd.net] has joined #ubuntu-women
  58 19:15 -!- akgraner [n=akgraner@m1a5e36d0.tmodns.net] has left #ubuntu-women []
  59 19:15 < maco> akgraner_, is this one the computer?
  60 19:15 < pleia2> so, RoadMap is neat, an is everyone familiar with emmajane's presentation? http://en.oreilly.com/oscon2008/public/schedule/detail/2491
  61 19:15 < Susana_> maco: that already exists :)
  62 19:15 < akgraner_> yes
  63 19:15 < akgraner_> emmajane, great presentation!
  64 19:16 < emmajane> thanks
  65 19:16 < Susana_> maco: http://wiki.ubuntu-women.org/Profiles
  66 19:16 -!- Atamira [n=liz@118-92-132-93.dsl.dyn.ihug.co.nz] has quit [Connection timed out]
  67 19:16  * maco looks
  68 19:16 < pleia2> awesome presentation, I'm hoping we can start thinking toward implementing the key points she finishes up with
  69 19:16 < Susana_> yeah I really liked it
  70 19:16 -!- Atamira [n=liz@118-92-131-105.dsl.dyn.ihug.co.nz] has joined #ubuntu-women
  71 19:16 < Susana_> great job emmajane
  72 19:18 < maco> pleia2, is there a link to slides somewhere on there?
  73 19:18 < pleia2> so I don't know precisely how to go about encouraging people to watch and do what she says :)
  74 19:18 < pleia2> maco: yeah, on that page
  75 19:18 < pleia2> http://www.slideshare.net/emmajane/form-an-orderly-queue-ladies-oscon-2008
  76 19:18 < maco> ah "external link"
  77 19:18 < akk> maybe someone should summarize what she says at the end that we want to encourage people to do?
  78 19:18  * akk saw the talk at oscon but that was nearly a year ago
  79 19:18 < pleia2> and the video: from lugradio: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2110056484828645445&hl=en
  80 19:19 < pleia2> akk: yeah, and make sure it becomes part of our project documentation
  81 19:19 < maco> :( swfdec has regressed. does not work on slideshare anymore
  82 19:20 < pleia2> :\
  83 19:20 < akgraner_> work on main teams don't limit ourselves to just this project and this channel
  84 19:21 < maco> right, so they cant keep trying to label us as separatists
  85 19:21 < akgraner_> work toward that goal
  86 19:21 < pleia2> slide 132 was good
  87 19:22 < pleia2> the 5 points she makes at the end
  88 19:22 < czajkowski> aye and this channel as a resource
  89 19:22 < pleia2> but the points are more clear when watching the presentation :)
  90 19:23 < czajkowski> aye the preentation is very god. no idea where I was when it was on though. typical
  91 19:23 < pleia2> hehe
  92 19:23 < czajkowski> *good
  93 19:24 < pleia2> so I'm hoping the next time we do open week, or craft presentations, we put more of a focus on this kind of thinking, rather than justifying ourselves for 45 minutes then saying "oh yeah, be nice to women" at the end
  94 19:24 < czajkowski> pleia2: very true
  95 19:24 < akgraner_> I have 4 fest/barcamps I am involved this summer and people want talks on how to encourage women...
  96 19:25 < pleia2> and have a good outline for our presentations, AND actually have goals :)
  97 19:25 < pleia2> also, be more positive in general
  98 19:26  * maco hides
  99 19:26 < akgraner_> what is say one goal we can all strive for in the next month to implement
 100 19:27 < akgraner_> so that by the end of the year x goal is crossed off
 101 19:27 < czajkowski> ok, but we should also as a goal work wiht our Locos to enocourage more women to participate, a in I know ther ere at least 3 other women in the -ie Loco yet you dont see them here or on mailing lists, as again the perception wheter right or wrong is this is a dev channel and may not be open. hence why I said earlier an ide of post telling folks what they did for ubuntu
 102 19:27 < pleia2> do most of us already actively encourage women we meet?
 103 19:27 < czajkowski> efrin made the point there was a women in his Loco very active, just shy about coming on here nad taking part
 104 19:27 < Susana_> pleia2: maybe we could store presentation slides on the wiki, so that people could take ideias from others
 105 19:27 < czajkowski> Susana_: oh fab idea
 106 19:28 < czajkowski> I often get stuck on things to say seeing others might spark a few brain cells
 107 19:28 < pleia2> Susana_: yeah, we have all the open week ones linked already, and a talk from elky: http://wiki.ubuntu-women.org/Links
 108 19:28 < maco> emmajane, any chance we could get PDFs of your slides to put on the wiki so that if people have fubar flash (hi!) we can still see them?
 109 19:28 < czajkowski> pleia2: maybe we could put those links in a more in your face manner as I didnt know about them, maybe others dont
 110 19:29 < emmajane> maco, the slides on their own aren't really worth much, tbh.
 111 19:29  * maco has no idea what's lurking in the dark corners of wiki.u-w
 112 19:29 < czajkowski> akgraner_: like your thinking there
 113 19:29 < pleia2> czajkowski: any suggestions? on ubuntu-women.org they are in the menu under "Links"
 114 19:29 < dtchen> how about harnessing viral youtube?
 115 19:29 < akgraner_> I was just thinking we could have personal goals and loco goals and goals as a team...
 116 19:29 < czajkowski> resouces for you to use. or use these for your talks.
 117 19:29 < emmajane> maco, You're better off reading this: http://nielsenhayden.com/makinglight/archives/010452.html
 118 19:30 < akgraner_> and like emmajane  states one small change at a time
 119 19:30 < akk> pleia2: "This page includes resources outside of our (UW and Ubuntu) community" doesn't say to me "click here if you want to see links to presentations our members have done"
 120 19:30 < maco> im putting adobe flash on my spare laptop
 121 19:30 < pleia2> akk: ah, I meant on the site, not the wiki - but good point, that should be clearer maybe
 122 19:30 < akgraner_> and each changes builds on the overall end goal...one step at a time
 123 19:31 < akgraner_> that way one doesn't get overwhelmed with the big picture
 124 19:31  * pleia2 nods
 125 19:31 < pleia2> I think we often get overwhelmed, and then do nothing
 126 19:32 < akgraner_> perfection can equal paralysis that's why we should strive for good enough...
 127 19:32 < czajkowski> ay and then we're back here wondering what to do and then take on too much and noting gets fully acomplished
 128 19:32 < pleia2> yep
 129 19:32 < akgraner_> czajkowski, exactly
 130 19:32 < keetah1> um what about pages where people can put up projects to encourage other women to get involved in them... like say i'm working on X that needs more people, i put it up and fish for peoples ?
 131 19:33 < keetah1> or vice versa,  say if you're looking for things to do
 132 19:33 < Deindre1> maybe some ideas cold be enough to start.....
 133 19:34 < pleia2> keetah1: we have sorta done that in the past, but it wasn't used (similarly, our mentoring program)
 134 19:34 < keetah1> oh *oops*
 135 19:34 < pleia2> no oops :) we thought it was a good idea too!
 136 19:34 < keetah1> i know that i would love to see that coz i'm always looking for more things to do but there is no loco here :P
 137 19:35 < maco> start one!
 138 19:35 < pleia2> keetah1: seen https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ContributeToUbuntu ?
 139 19:35 < pleia2> it depends on your interests really where you get involved
 140 19:35 < keetah1> pleia2: ooh thanks
 141 19:35 < pleia2> welcome :)
 142 19:35 < pleia2> ok, so - small steps
 143 19:36 < akgraner_> Maybe we could start with the Big goal then backwards plan to individual goals that lead up to accomplishing the larger goal/s (ok circular planning maybe)
 144 19:36 < pleia2> akgraner_: maybe build upon the roadmap? http://wiki.ubuntu-women.org/RoadMap
 145 19:36 < pleia2> but add lots of little things too
 146 19:36 < akgraner_> yes..:-)
 147 19:38 < czajkowski> Ubuntu Women will work with Ubuntu governing bodies to identify suitable candidates for all leadership roles.
 148 19:38 < czajkowski>     *
 149 19:38 < czajkowski>       Goal 50% women on all governing bodies.
 150 19:38 < czajkowski> wpuld love to see that happening
 151 19:38 < Deindre1> I believe that if we have a direction, everyone could find her way to reach the goal... what about?
 152 19:38 < pleia2> statistically we don't do too bad, honestly
 153 19:38 < pleia2> no women in the CC, but asias and americas boards both have women, as does the kubuntu one
 154 19:40 < pleia2> Deindre1: hm?
 155 19:40 < Susana_> pleia2: to be honest i think we should focus more on participation
 156 19:41 < Susana_> because governing body came only after that
 157 19:41 < Susana_> *bodys
 158 19:41 < pleia2> Susana_: sure, that's a goal far in the future :)
 159 19:41 < pleia2> the bullet before that is about participation
 160 19:41 < emmajane> Here's the really crazy thing though: everyone can work on what excites *them*
 161 19:42 < pleia2> or somewhere
 162 19:42 < akgraner_> I kept forgetting about the forums..so I set a reminder to check the NC Loco Forum twice a week...   that way I can get more involved in Forums...
 163 19:42 < emmajane> If everyone has to agree, someone won't be happy with the direction because it's not what *they* are excited about.
 164 19:42 < pleia2> akgraner_: you can subscribe to forums :) it sends you an email daily telling you what was updated (if anything)
 165 19:42 -!- afigueir1s is now known as anafigueiras
 166 19:42 < akgraner_> pleia2, maco told me about that, I still need to do that...
 167 19:43 < akgraner_> :-)
 168 19:43 < akgraner_> it's one small step but it's a step
 169 19:44 < pleia2> hmm
 170 19:44 < Deindre1> pleia2: about the roadmap, I believe that if there is a common goal, everyone could find how to reach it depending her ideas and her skills
 171 19:45 < Deindre1> and maybe her community too
 172 19:46 < pleia2> I think ultimately our goal is to make sure bug #1 is fixed :)
 173 19:46 < ubot4> pleia2: Error: Could not parse data returned by Launchpad: The read operation timed out
 174 19:46 < pleia2> aww, poor ubot4 
 175 19:46 < Deindre1> everyone's goal. But UW's one? :)
 176 19:46 < Susana_> emmajane: sometimes that works, but the imensity of different areas you can participate in sometimes scares people and then they don't know where to start
 177 19:47 < akgraner_> How do we encourage people to get out there and ask...
 178 19:47 < pleia2> Deindre1: practically I supposed this team's goal (as in - goodbye, we shut up shop now) is to get involvement in ubuntu by women up to 50% across the board
 179 19:47 < czajkowski> we seem to keep going around in circiles, how about tonight setting one goal to acomplish before the next meeting. be it get more folks invovled, our loco or doing someting.
 180 19:48 < maco> there was talk at UDS of having a webapp where you answer questions about what you like to do and can do, and it tells you where you'd fit well to contribute
 181 19:48 < pleia2> maco: neat
 182 19:48 < pleia2> czajkowski: yes :)
 183 19:48 < pleia2> so ok, we all choose *one* goal for ourselves
 184 19:48 < pleia2> and as emmajane mentioned, something we are excited about
 185 19:48 < czajkowski> exactly
 186 19:48 < akgraner_> yes
 187 19:48 < czajkowski> if you;re happy t work on something you'll get exciteed and like doing it it
 188 19:49 < pleia2> encourage a woman to come to your loco, make some stuff for our resources page and give them out at your LUG: http://wiki.ubuntu-women.org/Resources
 189 19:49 < dtchen> s/encourage/bring/
 190 19:49 < Deindre1> both?
 191 19:49 < Susana_> how about introducing one different team per month on our list together with a few small tasks that newcomers can do and ask for people interested in participating?
 192 19:49 < pleia2> dtchen: encourage OR bring! :) we all have different levels of ability :)
 193 19:50 < keetah1> i like where this is going
 194 19:50 < czajkowski> persuasion/bribery
 195 19:50  * pleia2 does tend to bring cookies to LUG meetings, and advertise this fact
 196 19:50 < pleia2> hehe
 197 19:50  * akgraner_ brings cake...
 198 19:50 < akgraner_> :-)
 199 19:50 < pleia2> "but there will be cookies, even if you are bored, COOKIES!"
 200 19:51 < czajkowski> well I for one am gonna do a short post this week about my work as I've just become an ubuntu member and want to introuce myself to folks and I think my blog will be on the planet nad on the planet women ? and I'm also gonna get some of my mates on in here being active
 201 19:51 < czajkowski> pleia2: akgraner_ you both need to visit here with cookies and cakes :D
 202 19:51 < pleia2> czajkowski: yep :) I'll get your blog up on the women planet (get me your little face picture, please)
 203 19:51 < czajkowski> pleia2: i sent it
 204 19:51 < pleia2> czajkowski: that's the big one for the interview :)
 205 19:51 < akgraner_> czajkowski, be careful what you wish for...:-)
 206 19:52 < czajkowski> oh right
 207 19:52 < pleia2> I need little 100x100 for planet
 208 19:52 < czajkowski> oh the weird one right
 209 19:52 < pleia2> yes
 210 19:52 < czajkowski> need to go butcher a pic
 211 19:52 < pleia2> hehe
 212 19:52 < czajkowski> akgraner_: you'll be more than welcome!
 213 19:52  * pleia2 peers at agenda
 214 19:52 < pleia2> ok, 3rd one was covered in the first
 215 19:52 < czajkowski> right folks I'm not half way under the covers and typing wiht one hand and work in 6 hrs so I bide you g'night
 216 19:52 < pleia2> night czajkowski :)
 217 19:53 < pleia2> the final item was mailing list admins, vid sent an email to the list earlier asking for more admins on the list :)
 218 19:53 < akgraner_> night czajkowski
 219 19:53 < pleia2> so if you're interested, let her know like hypa7ia did
 220 19:53  * JanC doesn't bring cookies to LUG meetings, and I suppose most people like that  :P
 221 19:54 < Deindre1> May I bring orangejuice?
 222 19:54 < akgraner_> I was thinking about interviewing one person from the team once a week and post it to my blog...personalities of Ubuntu Women.. and show how we are working toward  our goals...
 223 19:56 < maco> czajkowski, use your face from the pic of us at uds
 224 19:56 < pleia2> akgraner_: we are doing some interviews for full circle magazine
 225 19:56 < akgraner_> oh that is right
 226 19:56 < akgraner_> sorry
 227 19:56 < pleia2> no need to be sorry :)
 228 19:56 < akgraner_> just brainstorming :-)
 229 19:56 < pleia2> honestly, we could use help with this task
 230 19:57 < pleia2> we missed last month, and I'm getting this month's interview in right under the wire (thanks czajkowski!)
 231 19:57 < akgraner_> pleia2, just let me know how...  I'm game
 232 19:57 < maco> pleia2, who interviewed whom this month?
 233 19:57 < pleia2> maco: czajkowski :)
 234 19:57 < pleia2> Mamarok got busy, so I did the interview, but I am soooo busy lately
 235 19:58 < akgraner_> pleia2, shoot me an email with deadlines and details I'd be happy to help
 236 19:58 < pleia2> akgraner_: if you're interested, I'd love to share the responsibility for conducting the interviews and coming up with questions
 237 19:58 < Deindre1> pleia2: interviews in the  FCM UW column? interesting...
 238 19:58 < akgraner_> pleia2, very interested...
 239 19:58 < pleia2> Deindre1: yep! http://wiki.ubuntu-women.org/Interviews
 240 19:58 < pleia2> akgraner_: ok great :) I'll get you in the loop on this
 241 19:58 < akgraner_> cool
 242 19:59 < akgraner_> pleia2, how will we measure out personal goals and turn them into a measurable team goal?
 243 19:59 < akgraner_> our not out
 244 19:59 -!- anafigueiras is now known as afigueiras
 245 20:00 < pleia2> good question, and one I'm not sure I can answer
 246 20:00 < pleia2> I think on some levels this team should work to brainstorm small tasks and things we can do, and then team members go out and do them
 247 20:01 < pleia2> maybe not end up being things we can really quantify, but all keeping in mind the main goal of the project and we will gradually get there
 248 20:02 < akgraner_> I was just thinking if someone asks a member "so what are you all doing"  there were some concrete things to point to...
 249 20:03 < akgraner_> not just the roadmap
 250 20:03 < keetah1> i might be slighly behind again but i was just going over emmajane's presentation - there was a bit on encouraging non-profits to convert to foss. i think it's quite a reasonable goal and one that we may already be able to do
 251 20:03 < akgraner_> but the individual goals that lead up to that...  might not be important
 252 20:03 < pleia2> yeah, it is difficult to invision how we'd collectively say "I brought a woman to a loco this month!"
 253 20:04 < akgraner_> well yes but we increased participation
 254 20:04 < akgraner_> so that counts too
 255 20:04 < pleia2> keetah1: some of the loco teams do work with non-profits (mine does), so I think working with a loco team and bringing up emmajane's points about how great they are to work with coule be something we should encourage
 256 20:05 < pleia2> not even on a "yay more women" level, but a "fix bug #1" angle
 257 20:05 < akgraner_> yep...:-)
 258 20:05 < ubot4> pleia2: Error: Could not parse data returned by Launchpad: The read operation timed out
 259 20:05 < maco> *snort*
 260 20:05 < JanC> ROFL
 261 20:07 < akgraner_> we shouldn't lock ourselves into women only....  great if we can bring more women to the table but the goal is to divide and conquer and bring more people to the F/OSS table...yes...
 262 20:07 < Susana_> yeah
 263 20:07 < JanC> (for those who don't know: bug # 1 has so many comments that the page times out almost always these days)
 264 20:08 < akgraner_> so we start with women...
 265 20:08 < Susana_> JanC: isn't it static?
 266 20:08 < Susana_> there was a time when it was static
 267 20:08 < Susana_> i think
 268 20:08 < akgraner_> branch out to other areas of the world, but if I am off base tell...
 269 20:08 < akgraner_> tell I mean.. :-)
 270 20:08 < akgraner_> me  dang it
 271 20:09 < akgraner_> (sorry new fingers)
 272 20:09 < pleia2> yes :)
 273 20:09 < Susana_> well i must go now, almost falling asleep. bye all
 274 20:09 < pleia2> thanks for coming, Susana_!
 275 20:10 < akgraner_> night Susana_
 276 20:10 < Susana_> thank *you* for setting this up :)
 277 20:12 < Deindre1> sorry I have to go too. Thank you for all
 278 20:12 < pleia2> thanks Deindre1 :)
 279 20:12 < pleia2> I think we're wrapping up anyway
 280 20:12 < pleia2> ok, I have a million ideas
 281 20:13 < akgraner_> me too... ton-o-ideas...
 282 20:13 < pleia2> I'll organize them into minutes and tasks and things over the next few days
 283 20:13 < pleia2> akgraner_: I will be in touch!
 284 20:13 < pleia2> :)
 285 20:13 < akgraner_> great
 286 20:13 < pleia2> also, I'm coming to SELF :)
 287 20:13 < keetah1> i think i'm going to try starting up a loco here :) thank you!
 288 20:13 < akgraner_> Great!
 289 20:13 < akgraner_> now I am nervous
 290 20:13 < pleia2> keetah1: cool, where are you - if you don't mind?
 291 20:13 < keetah1> fiji :P
 292 20:14 < akgraner_> maybe you all should give the BoF session
 293 20:14 < pleia2> hehe, nooo :)
 294 20:14 < pleia2> <--- very shy
 295 20:14 -!- Deindre1 [n=flavia@ppp-249-3.32-151.iol.it] has left #ubuntu-women []
 296 20:15 < akgraner_> Thanks pleia2, forward motion..  do we want to decide on the next meeting date
 297 20:15 < keetah1> pleia2: i think we have a very inactive (dead) foss group that used to be here in fiji, but not any more
 298 20:16 < pleia2> keetah1: ah, gotcha
 299 20:16 < pleia2> I find it's often worth contacting the folks who used to run things
 300 20:17 < keetah1> yes i'm gonna go to university on monday and contact the guy - im not sure if he even works there anymore
 301 20:17 < pleia2> cool
 302 20:17 -!- akk [n=akkana@adsl-69-105-235-1.dsl.pltn13.pacbell.net] has quit ["fwoop!"]
 303 20:17 < keetah1> but thank you for a very informative meeting :) i too must go now
 304 20:17 < akgraner_> keetah1, good luck!
 305 20:17 < pleia2> thanks for coming :)
 306 20:17 < keetah1> akgraner_: thanks!
 307 20:18 < keetah1> thanks pleia2, also bye everyone
 308 20:18 -!- keetah1 [n=kita@Broadband-Dynamic-Central2075.connect.com.fj] has left #ubuntu-women []
 309 20:18 < pleia2> akgraner_: oh right, planning next meeting - sure :)
 310 20:19 < pleia2> this is a bit late for european folks, I'm thinking we might try to push it 3 hours earlier
 311 20:19 < akgraner_> what about once a month
 312 20:20 < pleia2> I think that's a worth goal to shoot for
 313 20:20 < pleia2> worthy
 314 20:22 < akgraner_> pleia2, I'm pretty flexible with enough notice...If it's not on my calendar I never make it... things get OBE really quickly...
 315 20:22 < pleia2> understood :)
 316 20:22 < maco> obe?
 317 20:24 < akgraner_> overcome by events
 318 20:24 < akgraner_> sorry
 319 20:28 < maco> ah ok
 320 20:28 -!- cawanpink [n=nuhaa@211.24.237.3] has joined #ubuntu-women
 321 20:29 < akgraner_> not sure when I started using it
 322 20:32 -!- jamfish [n=jamf1sh@24-148-91-198.c3-0.stk-ubr1.chi-stk.il.cable.rcn.com] has quit ["Leaving."]
 323 20:35 -!- jamfish [n=jamf1sh@24-148-91-198.c3-0.stk-ubr1.chi-stk.il.cable.rcn.com] has joined #ubuntu-women
 324 20:35 -!- jamfish [n=jamf1sh@24-148-91-198.c3-0.stk-ubr1.chi-stk.il.cable.rcn.com] has quit [Client Quit]
 325 20:36 < pleia2> oh geez, I never even said during the meeting :) both hypa7ia and czajkowski were approved as Ubuntu Members in the past month!
 326 20:36  * pleia2 has to post to the list about this
 327 20:36 < akgraner_> hypa7ia, and czajkowski congrats!!!!

Attached Files

To refer to attachments on a page, use attachment:filename, as shown below in the list of files. Do NOT use the URL of the [get] link, since this is subject to change and can break easily.
  • [get | view] (2009-06-05 23:13:53, 24.1 KB) [[attachment:MeetingJun0409.txt]]
 All files | Selected Files: delete move to page

You are not allowed to attach a file to this page.