Proposed Election Process
Call for nominations. Each candidate will use a wiki template in a standard location (wiki.ubuntu-women.org/UbuntuWomen/LeadershipNominations/January2010/<name>.
- When the call for nominations deadline is complete, there will be a call for testimonials for the provided nominations.
- When the testimonials deadline is complete, the CC is sent the final list of nominations and they will decide on a leader.
- When the CC has completed their decision, the leader is appointed and the term length begins from that date.
Recommended Election Timescales:
- Open Call For Nominations - 10th Dec
- Nominations Deadline - 23rd Dec
- Testimonials Deadline - 8th Jan
- CC Deadline - 15th Jan
Responsibilities: (includes but not limited too)
(leader can and should delegate responsibilities when and where necessary and possible)
- Sit the full term Length of one (1) year (after -M elections are held, 1st leader appointed by CC will be for a 6 month period at the end of 6months leader will be reevaluated and team will decided to extend current leaders term or make a call for elections.
- Gathering input from team and other key community members and finalizing a roadmap at the beginning of each cycle.
- Seek to serve the team and it's charter and help team members to agree upon goals and be successful in achieving those goals.
- May be called on to resolve conflicts of varying nature
- Weekly Responsibilities:
- Organizing and chairing regular IRC meetings and coordinating the discussion to achieve agreed objectives and unblock problems.
- Taking care of meeting minutes and reporting those minutes in the Team Reporting framework (may be delegated)
- Following up with the team on work items and cycle commitments to maximize the opportunity for success.
- Leader to set/remind team members of next meeting date.