Meeting opened by czajkowski at 20:00
<czajkowski> Aloha and welcome to the Ubuntu women Team meeting
<czajkowski> who's present
<czajkowski> [TOPIC] - Open Items
- Open Items
<czajkowski> [PROGRESS REPORT] Maverick Blueprint progress
Maverick Blueprint progress
<pleia2> no updates for mentoring docs, sorry
<pleia2> I'll try to get to it this week
<czajkowski> okie dokie
<pleia2> no elky for website update
<czajkowski> pleia2: should I update the action item for the mins ?
<pleia2> I don't think so, I can't commit to a timeframe
<czajkowski> [link] http://wiki.ubuntu-women.org/Roadmap-M
<czajkowski> [PROGRESS REPORT] Follow-up on fixed election dates - elky
Follow-up on fixed election dates - elky
<pleia2> oh, identify content to be redeveloped, yeah I still need to do that too
<czajkowski> is elky present?
<maco> czajkowski: its like 5AM where she is, so i think not
<pleia2> she requested a reminder at a meeting a few weeks ago, so someone should remind her that this is an action item
<czajkowski> maco: just asking
<nigelb> oh we've pinged her enough already
<pleia2> nigelb: someone already sent a reminder?
<czajkowski> might also be an idea to add topics for the timezone meeting folks can possibly make it to ?
<czajkowski> ok moving on so
<nigelb> pleia2: ah, that. I can
<czajkowski> [TOPIC] - Contact address on launchpad - pleia2
- Contact address on launchpad - pleia2
<pleia2> nigelb: thanks
<czajkowski> currently goes to everyone, is this preferred? Should it go to mailing list instead? Or (one of the|) team leaders?
<pleia2> I think the options are "everyone" or "single email address"
<pleia2> single email address can be our mailing list (but list admins would have to agree, since they need to moderate)
<pleia2> but I don't think there is an option for just "team admins"
<pleia2> I'd like it to go to the mailing list
<AlanBell> https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-women/+contactuser that is this thing for those wondering
<Pendulum> pleia2: +1
<nigelb> pleia2: +1, I was about to suggest.
<czajkowski> [link] https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-women/+contactuser
<highvoltage> what some teams have done is create a new team called team-admins and then they make that the contact (it's surely suboptimal, but it does kind of work)
<czajkowski> ok so shall we agree/action it to be mailing list
<belkinsa> pieia2: +1
<pleia2> highvoltage: can email be directed to the owner?
<pleia2> highvoltage: (also, such a team is the next on the agenda ;))
<AlanBell> how many mails have been sent that way?
<pleia2> AlanBell: one every 3-6 months, and it's terribly confusing to everyone
<highvoltage> pleia2: I don't think so
<AlanBell> actually, "You are contacting 237 members of the Ubuntu-Women Team (ubuntu-women) team directly." is kind of offputting
<akk> Aren't all the "goals have been updated" mails from that as well? I get those fairly regularly.
<highvoltage> pleia2: well it can if the contact address is set to the owner, but then (as you probably know), just the owner will get it
<Pendulum> AlanBell: people don't necessarily notice that bit
<pleia2> highvoltage: oh ok, cool
<nigelb> akk: that could be from subscribing to the blueprint.
<czajkowski> akk: is that the blueprint ?
<akk> right, the blueprint
<pleia2> akk: I believe so, since "the team" is subscribed to the blueprint, and the team email address is "everyone"
<pleia2> I don't think we want just team admins to see these emails
<czajkowski> ok so can we agree on taking this to the mailing list for further discussion ?
<pleia2> I dunno, highvoltage had a suggestion but I think the rest of us agreed that sending to the mailing list address is ok (so long as the mail admins agree)
<hypatia> oh crap, meeting
<czajkowski> hypatia: aloha!
<hypatia> sorry i'm late, folks
<czajkowski> hypatia: no bother
<AlanBell> I kind of like highvoltage's suggestion
<highvoltage> pleia2: the mailing list sounds good! I was just mentioning the teams-concept fwiw, sorry for the noise
<belkinsa> AlanBell: +1
<czajkowski> [AGREE] Propose to mailing list admins setting launchpad contact email to mailing list
<pleia2> AlanBell: but then the UW team won't get blueprint updates, and people who think they're sending to the list (as all these emails so far seem to believe) will only get to admins
<AlanBell> pleia2: I don't like it so much any more then!
<pleia2> unless a leader forwards them, which is sub-optimal
<czajkowski> [AGREED] Propose to mailing list admins setting launchpad contact email to mailing list
Propose to mailing list admins setting launchpad contact email to mailing list
<czajkowski> me and the bot are going to have a falling out one of these days
<czajkowski> [TOPIC] - Creation of a ubuntu-women-leaders/council/board team - pleia2
- Creation of a ubuntu-women-leaders/council/board team - pleia2
<czajkowski> like other teams do to own the ubuntu-women so we don't need to toggle admin status for leaders in LP for each new election cycle
<nigelb> Its a good idea. +1
<pleia2> yeah, svaksha brought up what a pain it was to swap out admins all the time, and I tend to agree, this would remove that problem
<pleia2> (and the leaders need admin on LP to handle blueprints and things)
<belkinsa> Agreed, +1.
<MichelleQ> good with me
<AlanBell> fine, the question is leaders or council or board I guess
<Pendulum> sounds good to me as well
<Dolasilla> +1 (hi all! sorry, I'm late.. )
<czajkowski> +1 sounds good to me
<pleia2> AlanBell: leaders, there are 3 of us, we're essentially the board/council
<pleia2> ok, so I'll create the new leader team
<pleia2> oh wait, I think we can AGREED this one
<nigelb> you'll have to work out a workflow for it though. Like who will own that team, etc.
<maco> nigelb: CC should own it, IMO
<czajkowski> [agreed] pleia2 to create the new ubuntu-women-leaders team
pleia2 to create the new ubuntu-women-leaders team
<AlanBell> turtles all the way down
<czajkowski> [TOPIC] - Pollka - AlanBell / elky
- Pollka - AlanBell / elky
<czajkowski> what happened next with the UW photo competition code
<AlanBell> ok, so as elky has yet to be waken by the kookaburras I will talk on this
<AlanBell> so the UW photo competition was great, and ran on some code elky knocked together for the purpose
<highvoltage> I need to leave in a minute or two, so sorry if I'm saying this out of place, but I thought some of you might be glad to hear that the next UBuntu Release Manager is a woman: https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-devel/2010-August/031102.html
<AlanBell> in #ubuntu-uk we are choosing a new logo and I was hunting about for an image voting thingie to use
<pleia2> thanks highvoltage
<AlanBell> and I realised that the photo competition one would work great
<AlanBell> elky has created a project around the code now, there is an IRC channel #pollka
<AlanBell> and website http://pollka.net
<AlanBell> [link] http://pollka.net
<maco> highvoltage: i already said it in #ubuntu-women last week actually
<maco> highvoltage: she was at DebConf and seems very nice
<highvoltage> maco: good to hear, I'm not familiar with her
<czajkowski> AlanBell: anything else ?
<nigelb> Just to add to what AlanBell said..
<AlanBell> the code isn't perfect at all, which is fine, it is a nice little project for people to start contributing to
<AlanBell> elky wants to use it as a mentoring playground effectively
<nigelb> elky mailed the list about mentoring opportunities. The code is in PHP. If anyone wants to help out, please join the channel and apply to join the team.
<AlanBell> so if anyone wants to play with a nice little php, mysql, website applicaiton then come and join in
<pleia2> I think it's a great idea, I fear we lose some female devs because we don't do a good enough job of giving a very direct path to contributions
<AlanBell> czajkowski: ok, done from me
<AlanBell> elky might want to talk further about the mentoring at the next meeting
<czajkowski> [TOPIC] - AOB
<pleia2> I think more mentors should be encouraged to have pet projects they can give people jobs on immediately
<czajkowski> ANyone ?
<maco> nigelb: stop looking at me
<czajkowski> any other business
<nigelb> maco: I was about to poke re:gally
<maco> nigelb: i know, thats why i said stop looking at me
<czajkowski> ok nothing else to add anyone ?
<Pendulum> czajkowski: you used an acronym no one else knew wow :P
<maco> i needed plenty of mentorship to get as far as i have on it, and im going to need to spend some quality time with api.kde.org to get further
Meeting closed at 20:21