Notes and Action Items from Ubuntu Women's Meeting 20091209
short summary highlighting the events of the meeting
29 people participated in the meeting. List is under attendance on the meeting wiki
Leadership and Governance notes from meeting
- akgraner to announce call for nominations and process
- Discussed and agreed up was the process, and time line of how to appoint a leader.
- 1st formal leadership position will be appointed by CC
Call for nominations to open on Thursday, December 10, 2009 and follow the time below. Wiki template for nominees is here Also listed on main wiki meeting page
- Nomination Time line
- Open Call For Nominations - 10th Dec
- Nominations Deadline - 23rd Dec
- Testimonials Deadline - 8th Jan
- CC Deadline - 15th Jan
- Nomination Time line
- On 8 Jan, 2010 - pliea2 will put before the CC the submitted nomination wiki's.
- on 15 Jan 2010 - CC to confirm appointment of leader
- Leader will be in place for 6 months - with re-evaluation and term may be extended for another 6 months or at that time elections will be called for.
• If/when Election happens there will be team/self nominations to the team then open call will be decided and date for election to take place will be decided. Voting will occur during a special election meeting using Mootbot.
- Decided leader can and should delegate when and where possible and should not take on every action added to the list to be added to list of leader responsibilities as well as leader to set time and date (reminder) of next meeting. See Next Meeting information below.
- Channel discussions - postponed discussions on channel until proposals and ideas about channel guidelines, naming, logging, which one gets logged etc can be discussed on list for 2 weeks then voted upon. pleia2, czajkowski, maco - will begin this process. Between now and 1 January ideas and proposals should be sent to them, discussed in channel etc, the a consolidated and well written paper with all proposals will go to list on 1 January to be discussed by team on list for 2 weeks then a vote will be taken in the meeting using mootbot on all points of discussion.
- All other unchecked items will be carried over to the agenda of the next meeting. New agenda wiki will be added once new meeting dates are set.
- czajkowski will send doodle poll to list - Mon-Fri for the days to choose from and 18 hours to pick from. Idea is that we have bi monthly rotating meetings so that as many people as possible will be able to attend at least one meeting each month. This poll is to set initial meeting days and times so regularly scheduled recurring bi monthly meetings can be scheduled and posted.