Ubuntu-Women IRC Meeting December 9, 20:00 UTC 2009
- Meeting at 2000UTC, December 9th, 2009 in IRC channel #ubuntu-women
To join the meeting without setting up an IRC client click here
The goal is to keep the meeting to 1 hour but not longer than 90 minutes and try to get through at least one of the blueprint specs. Leadership seems to be the most important issue after that we can schedule meetings (weekly if necessary) to take care of all others items. Then after that fall back to monthly meetings and goals. https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Roadmaps/Lucid/UbuntuWomen link to the specs on the Blueprint. It was decided to only include the Objective and the Action items from the list as the other items can be found on the full spec. Names behind each item was assigned at UDS, please know more people can help on each item just let the person who the task has been assigned to know that you are willing to help. Thank you so much and we are looking forward to this meeting as it marks an exciting time in the history of the UW group and making it a growing force of diversity within the Ubuntu Community. Please be part of this growing change.
== Agenda ==
ITEMS were discussed. Notes forthcoming (akgraner)
Appoint a leader of the Ubuntu Women team, complete with codified expectations around the role.
Documenting expectations of the role (Amber Graner / Laura Czajkowski).Recommended Expectations
Gather input from the CC regarding the document (Elizabeth Krumbach).
Identify a leader:
- Open a call for nominations:(./)
- Open Discussion (if time permits if not will be moved to open items for next meeting)
Clarify the purpose of the #ubuntu-women channel.
- Discuss a set of guidelines for general discussion channel about the Ubuntu Women project (Laura Czajkowski).
- Document the agreed set of guidelines (Laura Czajkowski).
- Set the channel topic to the guidelines (Elizabeth Krumbach).
- Start logging channel (Elizabeth Krumbach).
- Provide a set of factoids that reference the channel guidelines (Elizabeth Krumbach).
- Communicate guidelines outwards (Jono Bacon, Amber Graner, Laura Czajkowski).
Create a safe space IRC channel.
- Create a safe space IRC channel (name to be determined) (Amber Graner).
- Document governance policy for the channel (Amber Graner / Daniel Holbach)
- Channel guidelines are documented and available
- Logs are private but available to the current Community Council membership.
- Provide private logging facility ()
- Document channel guidelines (Amber Graner).
Discussion of tracking proportion of female Ubuntu Members
- Discussion of Linda's Membership idea
- UW members will encourage women to apply to become Ubuntu Members, help women navigate the formal Ubuntu Member application process, and provide feedback and testimonials as appropriate.
- Goal - 50% women on Ubuntu Members roster
Next Meeting Information
Selection of Chair
Selection of Meeting Date