Ubuntu-Women IRC Meeting June 4 @ 23:00 UTC 2009
RoadMap - Thoughts on reaching these goals in a more positive, pro-active manner? Is there anything we can ask from the greater Ubuntu community to help us reach these goals?
Resources - Some folks have expressed need for materials for conferences about our project. We need more! Thoughts? Volunteers?
Presenting about the project - There have been a few presentations and sessions about the project over the years. How to make these have a positive impact (more: here is how to fix; less: justification for our existence). How do we prepare other project members to deliver these presentations? Probably related to Resources agenda item.
Mailing list admins: Vidya will be adding more, see her note to the list.
- Express positivity
Keep in mind that ultimately our goal is that we want Bug #1 to be fixed, and getting women involved is vital to that, but so is getting everyone involved
What could be added to the RoadMap?
- More personal goals (what individuals can do)
- More short-term goals
- Presenting on Ubuntu Women
There have been several presentations over the years, see our Links page
- Develop more presentation materials geared toward positive messages, and how people can help
- Develop more fliers and things that can be handed out at conferences
- Congratulations to hypa7ia and czajkowski on becoming Ubuntu Members
- czajkowski suggested that we have one day where we all post about our contributions
- akgraner brought up interviews
Perhaps our Interviews for Full Circle Magazine are enough? She volunteered to assist with these
- akgraner suggested that we each choose one small thing
Invite/bring a woman to a LoCo event, give a woman an Ubuntu CD, hand out UW fliers at a conference
- Create wiki page with ideas!
- Brainstorm small tasks we each can do (create a wiki page for this)
- Pick a task and do it!
- Work on presentation and handout materials
- Schedule monthly meetings (create doodle poll for team)